Heating your home with oil or kerosene has many benefits, including being the most safe and efficient option available. Consider these facts from The National Oil Heat Research Alliance:
(703) 340-1660 – noraweb.org
- Safety: Did you know that if you drop a lit match into a tank of home heating oil, it will go out? Oil will not burn in the liquid state. In order to light heating oil on fire, you must heat it above 140 degrees, the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- Ecology: Thanks to conservation measures and the increased efficiency of oil heat equipment, heating oil consumers today use 6 billion fewer gallons of oil a year than they did in the 1970s. And the oil heat industry continues to search for ways to conserve even more energy in the years to come.
- Economy: If you adjust for inflation, the price of heating oil is actually less that it was in 1980! Discover how oil heat is a great value, year after year.
- Price options: Many oil heat dealers offer a wide array of full service solutions that offer you savings and peace of mind.
- Tax credits/Incentives: The federal government—and maybe even your state or municipality—offers tax credits for the purchase of specific energy efficient oil heat products. Is there a tax credit in your future? Give us a call and we’ll help you sort through the options!
- Satisfied customers: According to heating oil industry research, 95% of oil heat users are satisfied with their dealer’s overall performance and feel they do a good job delivering oil and servicing heating equipment. There are about 10 million oil heated homes in the United States; 350,000 of them were built in the past decade.